The Iowa Simmental Association’s Futurity Program is a great way to promote Iowa Simmental breeders and their cattle!
Breeding heifers or market animals purchased at any of the Sanctioned sales will be eligible to show at the Iowa Junior Simmental Field Day that is held each year in June. There is a separate division for these animals during the show and prize money is divided among this division. The nomination fee is just $10 per animal!
How to Enter:
- Iowa Sales or Breeders Pay $200 Sanctioning Fee (Open to in-person, online and private treaty sales. Due May 15, to ISA Secretary/Treasurer Sherrie Moore)
- Individual Animals can be nominated for $10 at the time of purchase (Nominations due end of May, 2021 (exact date TBA, usually same time as Field Day pre-entries) to Sherrie Moore and are good for one show season)
- Market animals or breeding heifers must have been purchased at an ISA sanctioned sale and either buyer or seller must have made entries (nomination) for this show at the time of purchase.
- Junior exhibitors wishing to exhibit their futurity animal in the junior show at Field Day must pay a $25 entry and bedding fees and comply with the rules for that show
- ORIGINAL registration papers from the ASA. No exceptions! Animal does not have to be in a junior’s name to exhibit in this part of the Futurity show.
- Market Animals will be shown by weight, must be 1/2 (50%) blood or higher Simmental, and must be born after January 1st of the previous year (yearling)
- Breeding Heifers will be shown by birthdate, and must have been born between September 1st (fall yearling) and December 31st (fall calf)
- Foundation Heifers must be registered 1/2 – 7/8 blood Simmental
- High Percent Heifers must be registered 7/8 blood or higher Simmental
- Payback will be pro-rated per class from futurity nomination fees
- Champion Futurity Market Animal will receive $250 and reserve will receive $150.
- Champion Futurity Foundation Heifer will receive $500 and reserve will receive $250.
- Champion Futurity High-Percent Heifer will receive $500 and reserve will receive $250
Contact Sherrie Moore- ISA Secretary/Treasurer to get involved!
2020 Sanctioned Sales:
- Mark of Genetic Excellence Sale – Iowa Simmental Association (Iowa Beef Expo)
- Buckles & Banners – Gerdes Cattle Co & Guests
- Cason’s Pride and Joy Maternally Inspired Sale
- Harvest Elite Simmental Genetics Online Sale – Dustin Ford, Matthew Pemberton & Zeb Evans
- Hawkeye Simmental Group Sale
- Heartland Simmental Performance with Class Sale
- Ruby Cattle Co. Livin’ The Dream Sale
- Southwest Simmental Group Spring Production Sale
*Sale list as of 5-14-2020
2020 Futurity Show Results:
2020 ISA Field Day Results w- Photos
*No Futurity Market Animals were shown at the 2020 Field Day
Champion Futurity High Percent Heifer shown by by Ty Becker
Purchased from the Ruby Livin’ the Dream Sale
Champion Futurity Foundation Heifer shown by Riley Davis
Purchased from the Cason’s Pride & Joy Maternally Inspired Sale
Reserve Futurity High % Heifer shown by Kadley Bailey
Purchased from the Buckles & Banners Sale
Reserve Futurity Foundation Heifer shown by Caylie Hickman
Purchased from the Hawkeye Simmental Sale